How to use Migraine Escape®
Stop your next migraine in 6 steps
STEP 1 | Take action ASAP
- As soon as you feel your critical prodromal symptom coming on, that’s your signal to take action.
- Migraine Escape® is most effective when applied before the pain stage of the migraine, so it’s absolutely vital to act as soon as possible.
- Prodromal symptoms begin to form in the run-up to a migraine. These symptoms may include: dizziness; blurry vision; nausea; sensitivity to light, sound and smells; the onset of “aura”; paresthesia i.e. numbness, tingling or prickling sensation in the skin; mild pain etc.
- It is important to recognise what are your own prodromal symptoms so that you can respond as quickly as possible to give yourself the best chance of preventing the migraine from forming.
- Watch the video below or speak to us directly if you need help with this.
STEP 2 | Clean and dry your forehead
- The next thing to do is wipe away any makeup, moisturiser, sunscreen or sweat from your forehead.
- Make sure the skin is completely clean and dry.
- Now you are ready to apply Migraine Escape®.
STEP 3 | Apply Migraine Escape®
- Take your bottle of Migraine Escape® and apply 3~4 swipes across the forehead in a zigzag fashion.
- Apply specifically to the forehead and not the temples – the forehead is much more vascular so absorbs the extract more effectively.
- Cover a wide area as though you are painting with a paintbrush.
- If you feel pain developing elsewhere (e.g. jaw, back of the neck), you can apply a second application to that area if you wish.
- You can also use a headband or scarf to avoid risking getting it in your eyes… otherwise it does sting!
STEP 4 | Feel the heat sensation
- You may feel a heat or stinging sensation on the skin after you’ve applied Migraine Escape®.
- This is actually the active ingredients getting to work on your migraine.
- If it’s uncomfortable, try and bear with it.
- You can use jojoba oil to soothe the skin once the migraine has passed.
STEP 5 | Let the migraine fade away
- After applying Migraine Escape®, it’s typically a case of waiting for the prodromal symptoms to fade away.
- That can begin to happen within 10-15 minutes, but sometimes up to an hour or more.
- You might find that lying down in a dark room, or your usual routine, helps the process.
- You will know Migraine Escape® is working, when the usual migraine pain and other symptoms simply fail to materialise.
- This usually includes the post-migraine hangover feeling that you might sometimes experience.
- If however you feel that Migraine Escape® is ineffective, you can take your usual medication as required.
Step 6 | Wash off Migraine Escape®
- When there is no longer any sign of a migraine, use a wet wipe or soap and water to wash it off.
- Make sure you’re thorough, so there’s no risk of getting it in your eyes later on.
- For the same reason, we recommend that it’s washed off before taking a shower.
- You can then re-apply your makeup or moisturiser as desired, and get back on with your day.
Please remember – these are our baseline application guidelines for using Migraine Escape® as an acute migraine treatment.
Every person and every migraine is different, so don’t be afraid to play around with the timing and amount to find an application that works for you.
If you aren’t sure about your prodromal symptoms, the below video should offer more help.
Whatever your situation, we recommend speaking to our team before commencing use of Migraine Escape®. We are here to help you figure out the most effective application method for you.
Consumer information and education
As a highly concentrated ginger extract, the properties associated with ginger are intensified in Migraine Escape®. This applies to both the medicinal/analgesic properties and side effects.
- From WebMD: In small doses, ginger has few side effects. These include dermatitis, skin rash, gas, heartburn, upset stomach and vomiting. Higher doses of ginger (5 grams or more a day) may increase the chance of side effects.
- 2x regular-sized applications (4 swipes each) of Migraine Escape® equates to approximately 4 grams of ginger. Do not apply more than 16 swipes of Migraine Escape® in a 24 hour period (e.g. a maximum of 4 regular-sized applications of 4 swipes each per 24 hours).
- Migraine Escape® has a heat sensation associated with it when applied to the skin. The severity varies with the individual. People with sensitive skin may want to try a smaller amount initially to test for any reaction.
- Be careful not to get it in your eyes as it stings.
- Some people may find the scent of Migraine Escape® discomforting.
- Ginger may raise the risk of bleeding. If you have a bleeding disorder, it may not be safe. Always tell your doctor about herbal medicines you take, including ginger.
- Women who are pregnant, should seek the advice of their medical practitioner before using Migraine Escape® or ginger-based products.
Overuse may lead to symptoms including an increase in vomiting, increase in migraine-associated pain, increased skin sensitivity and nose bleeding.If you are particularly sensitive to any types of medication or inputs, you may also have an increased risk of these side effects.
Warnings on packaging
- If symptoms persist consult your healthcare practitioner.
- Individuals taking anticoagulants or at risk of bleeding should seek medical advice before applying Migraine Escape®.
- For external use on unbroken skin only.
- Not to be taken.
- Avoid contact with eyes.
- Keep out of reach of children.
- Store below 25°C.
All content on this website, including this page, is for informational purposes only and is not – nor is it intended to be – a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Always seek the advice of your physician or qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking it because of something you have read on this website.